Summer Internship 2017
Vintage Bricks and The Deconstructed House are re-sale operations for pre-demolition salvage practiced by Southern Demolition and Environmental.
The Deconstructed House reclaims reusable and salvaged building materials, architectural elements, furnishing, and decorative accents. Vintage Bricks reclaims reusable and salvaged bricks sold as whole bricks and as cut-to-order vintage brick tiles. Not only are pieces of Atlanta’s architectural history saved from the landfill, but a significant amount of reusable building materials are diverted from landfills.
Vintage Bricks is currently experiencing significant growth – demand for the product is currently outpacing the company’s ability to meet it. Business to date has remained local, demand is pressing to ship nationally. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to assist a growing business. This position will be a paid internship (approximately 20 hrs/wk) that can grow into permanent full time work as the business grows.
- Handle current internet and phone orders for bricks
- Conduct research and development for expansion of delivery capacity, both nationally and internationally
- Ensure that salvage is identified, delivered to salvage yard and prepared for sale in most efficient manner (will work directly with the field demolition staff for this)
- Experience with retail sales
- Computer literacy – Microsoft and Quickbooks
- Experience with supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience with some facet of shipping
- Interest in sustainability
- Ability to lift 35 -55 lbs repeatedly
- Ability to reach and bend and squat
All hires are required to pass a background check.
Interested candidates please email resume, please include a brief statement regarding your interest in this position. No phone calls please, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.